Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cryptex: The Beginning

I have decided to make a Cryptex. After reading up on the internet and coming across Justin N's creations, I almost gave up because his are just too good. I'm going to try anyway. The concept seems relatively simple to me, but machining it is definitely going to be a challenge. I created some drawings in AutoCad and I think I have the basic design pretty much finalised. Currently I am figuring out how to get the material. The finished product will be about 6 inches long and 3 inches in diameter, made from aluminum. I will have it anodized or something to make it look nice. Here's a concept drawing; but be advised this is my first time using AutoCad, and I'm not good enough to add the lettering.

Cryptex

http://ahcmachinist.blogspot.com
























No comments: