Sunday, February 18, 2007

Repeatable Camera Mount

I know very little about photography, other than that I like pushing the button on top of my camera. I made this mounting fixture so I can position the camera in a certian spot with repeatability and accuracy. The mounting block screws into the tripod mount on the bottom of the camera, and the two 1/4" dowels correspond to the accurately sized holes in the base.

Camera Mount

I made several base blocks, with the idea that I can mount them in different places and get several pictures from the same position, like the sunset view from my deck, and use them to create an animation or a slide show.

Mounting Base

The possibilities are endless as to where I could put the base blocks, I'd like to find an urban/public location somewhere that I visit often and hide a block to get some cool pictures. Once I've accumulated some pictures I'll post an example of how they turned out.

-Andrew http://ahcmachinist.blogspot.com

No comments: